HonCode Information for Periodic Paralysis International
The Periodic Paralysis International website is the official website of Periodic Paralysis International and the HKPP Listserv.
The HKPP Listserv is an on-line group which has provided medically accurate, up-to-date information and peer support to patients with periodic paralysis, their families, caregivers and medical professionals since 1997. Over the years we have provided information to over 2000 patients from 30 different countries.
- Authoritative All medical or health information provided on the PPI website is drawn from peer-reviewed journals, medical texts, original research and patient surveys. Articles on this website have been written by physicians and a professional medical writer. Material published on our website has been reviewed for medical accuracy by specialist physicians who diagnose and treat periodic paralysis, and is regularly to reflect current knowledge.
- Complementarity The information provided on the PPI website is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
- Privacy Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to the website, including their identity, is respected. We consider confidentiality a primary responsibility.
- Attribution Information on the PPI website is supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, has specific HTML links to that data. The date when the clinical page was last modified is clearly displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Justifiability Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service will be supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above in Principle four.
- Transparency The designers of the PPI website provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The email address of the webmaster is clearly displayed throughout the website.
- Financial disclosure Periodic Paralysis international is a non-profit corporation registered in Alberta Canada.
- Sponsorship The PPI is not affiliated with any commercial entity. There is no advertising content on the site.